[thebigjewel] NPR Interviews In Half The Time Or Less - September 26, 2007

  • From: "The Big Jewel" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:24:57 -0600 (MDT)

Welcome to The Big Jewel, where our radios are always tuned to NPR. NPR
gives us what no other radio outlet can: long interviews with people who
matter. Really long interviews, sometimes...like Charlie Rose on
quaaludes. Well, not quite, actually. The interviews have been getting
shorter. Have you noticed? And if this ominous trend continues...

NPR Interviews In Half The Time Or Less

By Michael Fowler

The NPR theme is heard, played on a classical guitar. Fast fade.
Melissa: This is National Public Radio's All Things Considered. I'm
Melissa Block.
Michele: And I'm Michele Norris. Ahmed Bey is a cabdriver working in
Baghdad. Mr. Bey, you state that yesterday you picked up a very unusual
passenger.
Bey: That's so...
Michele: Mr. Kahn, thank you for talking to us today.
Bey: Huh. You're welcome...