[thebigjewel] My Diorama - July 5, 2006

  • From: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 19:12:23 -0600 (MDT)

Welcome to The Big Jewel, where we firmly believe that public education
has produced an educated public. After all, look at the evidence. Huh? Oh.
Okay. Don't look at the evidence. Instead, look at this week's
contribution from Raleigh Drennon, a man who understands that certain
types of student-teacher relationships are an education in themselves:

"My Diorama: A Proposal"

By Raleigh Drennon

Dear Mr. Hansen,

Hi! It's me, Brandon Willheit, from your 4th grade class? I plan to sign
this letter at the bottom, but I figure why not tell you right away who's
going to make this the best year of your life ever. (Start writing your
Milkweed School District "Teacher of the Year" acceptance speech!) In
fact, even though your 1989 Chevy Cavalier is totally sweet, maybe it's
time buy a new ride. And why stop there? You really should get a mailing