[thebigjewel] Moving Product + SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - August 26, 2006

  • From: Kurtluchs@xxxxxxx
  • To: thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 22:02:39 EDT

SPECIAL NOTE: You may notice when you visit our site this week that it
suddenly looks different. That's because it IS different. Webmaster Seth
Gow-Jarrett has brought us kicking and screaming into the 21st century, adding
sorts of bells and whistles we've never had before. The most important is
the ability to email an article to your friends, family and enemies, thus
enabling you to join the ranks of spammers worldwide, a proud and august
assemblage. You can now subscribe to The Big Jewel via email, RSS feed or
(other methods will be added as they are outlawed by the Chinese). You can
browse the archives by month and year, or by Author Cloud. To see more work by
this week's author, simply click on their byline. Our blogroll of
affiliated links is easily accessible on our home page and features other humor
we endorse, including those by our authors. Enjoy!

And now, welcome to The Big Jewel, where "Frank Ferri Month" is drawing to
a glorious close with week four. This week Mr. Ferri applies his gift of
salesmanship to the cereal aisle:

Moving Product

By Frank Ferri

Hi! Are you buying or browsing? Great. Name’s Frank. You picked the perfect
day to shop for cereal. End of month, deep discounts, movin’ units. You’re
looking at Crispy Rice, generic Kellogg’s Rice Krispies. Affordable. But…I
shouldn’t. Ah, what the hell. Between you and me, the generic doesn’t stay
crispy as long in milk. I could lose my job steering you away from our
store brand, but once you drive off the lot with a box, it loses half its
And if I’m not upfront with you, you’re at the breakfast table with a bowl
of mush cursing old Frank Ferri from Aisle 4...

email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line to kurtluchs@xxxxxxx