[thebigjewel] Less Popular Fonts Lash Out At Times New Roman - June 13, 2007

  • From: "The Big Jewel" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:18:23 -0600 (MDT)

Welcome to The Big Jewel, where we have our feet firmly on the ground and
we know what really matters in this world. For instance, let everyone else
go into a mouth-foaming frenzy over whether a certain empty-headed heiress
is or isn't in jail. We are unmoved. We have an innate, dare we say
well-nigh infallible sense of what our fellow citizens ought to be getting
worked up about: fonts. That's right. Fonts. Don't believe it? Let Eric
Feezell explain:

Less Popular Fonts Lash Out At Times New Roman

By Eric Feezell

Gill Sans MT
Alright, Times New Roman, we all know you think you're better than the
rest of us. What with your ubiquitous default status on practically every
single word processing application known to man, and your supposed
readability, and your fancy-pants serifs. Well, aren't you just God's gift
to typeface?...