[thebigjewel] Jaap van Ballegooijen Has Another Soda Shop Revelation - August 8, 2007

  • From: "The Big Jewel" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 18:33:46 -0600 (MDT)

Welcome to The Big Jewel, where we are just crazy mad for those
civic-minded save-the-world ads from Brunei Shell Petroleum, one of the
most caring multinational energy corporations ever. We think Michael
Fowler's piece is funny even if you don't know that campaign, but it's a
lot funnier if you do, so you'd best flex your Google muscle before you
read on:

Jaap van Ballegooijen Has Another Soda Shop Revelation

By Michael Fowler

Jaap van Ballegooijen is a man on the horns of a dilemma. Looks worried.
Getting bald. Shell Oil is demanding so many barrels a day from his latest
snake well shaped like somebody's intestines. But it's producing as badly
as an overripe banana squeezed at one end. Shell Oil's Global Smart Fields
Programme Manager since 2006, with 30 years in the fossil fuel industry,
Jaap knows that the solution to any problem comes from watching teens down
at the soda shop drink with straws. They are so ingenious, these kids with
their straws...