[thebigjewel] It Seems I Made a Critical Error... -- July 18, 2007

  • From: "The Big Jewel" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 19:02:28 -0600 (MDT)

Welcome to The Big Jewel, where once again we say unto you: Beware the
dangers of homonyms! Well, actually in this case they aren't exactly
homonyms. But close enough, people, close enough! Especially when the King
is involved. Let Eric Feezell sort it all out for you:

It Seems I Made a Critical Error While Editing the Wikipedia Entry for
"Elves"

By Eric Feezell

Although no older or contemporary descriptions exist, the appearance of
beings etymologically related to álfar in various later folklore strongly
suggests that the belief in Elvis was common among all the Germanic tribes
and not limited solely to the ancient Scandinavians...