[thebigjewel] If We Laughed At Brilliance... - August 23, 2006

  • From: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:38:00 -0600 (MDT)

Welcome to The Big Jewel, where the line between brilliance and idiocy is
painted a pale, sickly yellow and leads to an unused utility room that
smells faintly of disinfectant. Did you laugh at that opening sentence?
No? Well, that only proves our point -- our point being that humor is
subjective. One man's meat is another man's poison. One man's punchline is
another man's reason to punch the first man. And one man's important
historical figure is another man's fictional fodder for the brilliance and
idiocy that is The Big Jewel:

"If We Laughed At Brilliance The Way We Laugh At Idiocy"

By Michael Fowler

Franklin did the trick with his hands where his thumb appeared to separate
at the joint.

"Pshaw pshaw pshaw pshaw pshaw pshaw!" laughed Jefferson, slapping his
thigh and then wiping spittle from his grinning mouth. "That's as funny a
sight as a mule wearing slippers, Ben"...