[thebigjewel] Horatio Alger Redux - July 23, 2003

  • From: "The Big Jewel" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:34:23 -0600 (MDT)

Just like Vito Corleone, The Big Jewel says hello! This week our good
friend Dave Martin returns with a tale about a real American hero:
himself.

Horatio Alger Redux

by David Martin

I came from humble beginnings -- a hardscrabble, small town in Midwestern
America. We called it home. Others called it Humble Beginnings, Colorado.
Whatever the name, I knew one thing: the place was hardscrabble, that much
was true. It was a hard town to work your way up and out of, one of those
places where generations seem to always work for the family business. It
was a great town. But I wanted out...

For the full article please visit
http://www.thebigjewel.com/horatioalgerredux

To subscribe or unsubscribe from this email list please email
list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with your request.