[thebigjewel] Excerpts From Diary of a Rejected McDonaldland Character - July 4, 2007

  • From: "The Big Jewel" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:54:21 -0600 (MDT)

Welcome to The Big Jewel, the only publication left in America that
doesn't believe the Declaration of Independence is more soft and absorbent
than regular tissue. This Fourth of July we honor our nation's founding
with the most patriotic subject we could wrap our tiny minds around:
McDonald's. And we take special pleasure in the fact that the following
piece was written by our good Canadian friend Mike Richardson-Bryan:

Excerpts From "Diary of a Rejected McDonaldland Character"

By Mike Richardson-Bryan

Oct. 16, 1970 -- Just got back from auditions for that new McDonald's
campaign. Man, they weren't kidding when they said they wanted "colourful
characters" -- there were clowns, burglars, pirates, guys with
cheeseburgers for heads, and a bunch of midgets who looked like pubic wigs
with eyes -- but I was the only talking owl, so I must've stood out.
Fingers crossed!...