[thebigjewel] Did Someone Call Me Snorer? - March 24, 2004

  • From: "The Big Jewel" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 06:22:37 -0700 (MST)

Do you snore? Do you have a loved one who snores? Either way, you'll
understand what this week's offering at The Big Jewel is about:

Did Someone Call Me Snorer?

by Kurt Luchs

Sleep...sweet, sweet, sleep...let it come...the soft fog lowering among
the white pines...black waves hissing against the sand...in, and out...in,
and out...the unblinking moon in the mist...a sea bird trills gently,
distantly...the bird cries...how sad, it says...how beautiful...its voice
goes an octave lower...two octaves higher...it gurgles...hiccups...what's
wrong with that bird?...it makes a sound like a rachet...getting closer,
louder...rasping like a ruptured air hose...now shrieking and
swooping...gibbering and -- and laughing!...flapping horribly -- that
thing was never meant to fly...oh God, it's not a bird, not a bird but a
bug...a great, hideous, jabbering insect...all swirling tendrils and
swollen abdomen...a thousand eyes, a thousand mouths -- all staring,
screaming...blotting out everything...

I bolted upright, gasping. My wife lay next to me. Her snores filled the
room with a wash of sound, an alien symphony of whistles, grunts and nasal
blasts...

To subscribe or unsubscribe from this email list please email
list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with your request.