[thebigjewel] A Potential Investor Speaks Up - August 20, 2008

  • From: "The Big Jewel" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 06:52:47 -0600 (MDT)

Welcome to The Big Jewel, your portal to humor bits based on 1987 romantic
comedies starring Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn. Of course, that's a rather
narrow niche consisting of exactly one film, "Overboard." If you haven't
seen it, then the following piece by Greg Boose won't mean much to you.
But if you have seen it, then you will be so convulsed that you may even
fall off of your own yacht:

A Potential Investor Speaks Up After Kurt Russell's Character Finishes His
"Wonders of the World" Miniature Golf Course Proposal in the Movie
"Overboard"

By Greg Boose

Mr. Proffitt, if you don't mind, I would like to stop you right there and
interject. Now, to begin, and I believe I speak for all of us here tonight
sitting around this very long picnic-like table in this drafty back room,
we'd like to thank you and your colleague for your time this evening. I
never thought I would set foot in a restaurant named something like Crabs
'R' Us, a place with sawdust on the floor and no mirror in the Men's room,
but I also never thought that my partner, Mr. Robinson down there at the
end, would stretch the truth to get me to leave my family up in Portland
this morning for a pestilent hell-hole like Elk Cove. There are firsts for
everything, I suppose. And Mr. Robinson, you sir, are in for quite the car
ride home...

neilpasricha@xxxxxxxxx