[the_posthumans] Instant Jam Sessions @ Royal Academy Of Arts, Denmark

  • From: .kspr <kspr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: the_posthumans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:07:37 +0100

Hi list -

I should introduce myself. My name is Kasper - I work with several
projects. I will try and write more about that very soon.

Last week, I was invited to an instant jam session at The Royal Academy
Of Arts, in Aarhus, Denmark. I was sort of asked like 1 hour before the
session started so I had to quite spontanous and bring "just something"
:)

So I brought my trumpet and my laptop. I forgot a microphone, but
luckily they had one there. Anyway, it went really well. I only knew
two of the participants and we were 6 people. The result was a one-hour
jam session which we [of course] recorded. After the session, we talked
and evaluated on it. We also discussed possibilites in this
constellation, and we came to a final conclusion that we want to stream
it live on the internet, both audio and picture. I should say now, that
we agreed on making this a monthly event. Please notice that there were
*no* other people present than the six of us. No audience but
ourselves.

Do anyone think they could be of any help in this project? Could anyone
be interested in viewing/listening to this. We are also in the midst of
finding a server with big enough bandwidth for making the streaming of
both audio and webcam possible. I should say that we hope to get more
than 10 viewers, so when I say big enough bandwidth, I mean big enough
bandwidth. We don't want people to get kicked or anything because of
speed problems.

Anyway, if anyone can help in any way, it will be greatly appreciated.
And if anyone have any thoughts and ideas to the project, please don't
hesitate to email me.

Thanks for your attention!

All the best,

/.kspr