[the-iihl] Re: Wednesday Morning IIHL Skate

  • From: "Stephen Chopelas" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <the-iihl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 09:02:41 -0500

Guys (and gal),

I bumped into someone that dropped off the email list last week. He thought
that the games had stopped. At some point someone must have responded to an
older email that didn’t have the newer names and that became the ‘new list’. I
went back several months and grabbed all of the email addresses I could find
that were ever on a list which is why you are all receiving this. My guess is
that this is still not everyone but it’s more complete than the email that went
out last week.

I want to help Jimmy keep the numbers up and maybe even increase them so I
created a mailing list group. This will help a lot in keeping track of people
and email addresses. The email address is ‘mailto:the-iihl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx’.
When everyone is on that list, that is the only email address you need to use
so that everyone on the list receives it. I am going to add everyone receiving
this email to the list. You will receive a notification from the list to
confirm you want to subscribe.

Because it will be a mailing list, you will be able to do things like change
your email address or even get emails at multiple address like work and
personal. You can also send the subscription link to anyone you want to invite
to the skate and they can subscribe to start receiving the notifications. The
subscription page is here: //www.freelists.org/list/the-iihl.

If you have any questions, either email me back or talk to me next Wednesday.
My next attempt to help this group is to improve on the Google Doc link. It is
really difficult to update your status on a cell phone (at least that has been
my experience.) Have a great weekend and I’ll see some of you at the rink on
Wednesday.

- Steve

steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx