[TextEditor_mcc] Re: TextEditor-Demo fixed

  • From: Mathias PARNAUDEAU <mathias.p@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texteditor_mcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 22:28:01 +0100

Le 14/02/2006, Jens Langner a écrit:

> Hello Mathias,

Hi Jens

> Oh, that's great. But please, I think I speak for all others in here as
> well, we would prefer if you could send diff files generated by either the
> "diff" tool or by the internal diff command in CVS. They are better for
> understanding which lines you changed and are or more easily applyable to
> the current set of sources in the CVS. So please go ahead an generate a
> diff file and attach it to your next mail instead of a full .c file.
> thanks.

I understand. I thought it was easier for you to test and I changed many
things so it gives a cleaner view of the global example. I will modify it
and then send the final diff.
As a beginner in the team I have to learn the good practice :)

>> I've just noticed some problems compiling with VBCC under MorphOS. I
>> obtained answers from Frank Wille but I don't know how to fix these
>> problems.

> Even if not fully important but our main compiler platform for
> TextEditor.mcc is GCC. VBCC support will be nice but isn't of high
> priority IMHO and therefore, please concentrate to compile and test
> texteditor.mcc stuff first with GCC.

I've just received another answer from Frank that was helping me to
understand and my configuration was not totally up-to_date. In fact, the
headers were from VBCC
I use GCC but I like to compile my projects with VBCC too because it can
raise different warnings or errors, what helps to improve the code.