[TextEditor_mcc] Re: TextEditor-Demo fixed

  • From: Jens Langner <Jens.Langner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texteditor_mcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 22:11:52 +0100

Hello Mathias,

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 20:15:25 +0100, Mathias PARNAUDEAU wrote:

[...]
> This is a modified source of the TextEditor demo. It was reported to
> crash on OS4 (request ID = 1376518) but in fact it didn't compile on
> MorphOS or OS4.
>
> - MorphOS and OS4 port (SDI_hook.h used to avoid the compiler specific
> stuff)
> - better library management : they are now opened and closed correctly
> - fixed the slider bug : it was used as an attribute of texteditor
> before the slider exists
> - removed the stack management due to crashes on some systems. do you
> think the stack management is necessary for a such program ? I never
> used that in my project.
> - MUIA_Application_UsedClasses definition used but I don't know if it
> is important ... this attribute is still not officialy documented
> (maybe in MUI4 ?)

Oh, that's great. But please, I think I speak for all others in here as well,
we would prefer if you could send diff files generated by either the "diff"
tool or by the internal diff command in CVS. They are better for
understanding which lines you changed and are or more easily applyable to
the current set of sources in the CVS. So please go ahead an generate a diff
file and attach it to your next mail instead of a full .c file. thanks.

> I've just noticed some problems compiling with VBCC under MorphOS. I
> obtained answers from Frank Wille but I don't know how to fix these
> problems.

Even if not fully important but our main compiler platform for
TextEditor.mcc is GCC. VBCC support will be nice but isn't of high priority
IMHO and therefore, please concentrate to compile and test texteditor.mcc
stuff first with GCC.

cheers,
jens
--
Jens Langner                                               Ph: +49-351-4716545
Rißweg 27b

SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER : A person in sandals who has been in the elevator
with the senior vice president and is ultimately responsible for a phone
call you are to receive from you boss.