[TextEditor_mcc] Re: TextEditor-Demo fixed

  • From: Ilkka Lehtoranta <ilkleht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texteditor_mcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 23:06:35 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Mathias PARNAUDEAU wrote:

> Hi,
> This is a modified source of the TextEditor demo. It was reported to crash
> on OS4 (request ID = 1376518) but in fact it didn't compile on MorphOS or
> OS4.

Seems it was never ported so... TextEditor-Test.c served its purpose quite
well though.

> - MorphOS and OS4 port (SDI_hook.h used to avoid the compiler specific
> stuff)
> - better library management : they are now opened and closed correctly
> - fixed the slider bug : it was used as an attribute of texteditor before
> the slider exists
> - removed the stack management due to crashes on some systems. do you think
> the stack management is necessary for a such program ? I never used that in
> my project.

StackSwap() is irrelevant on OS4 and MOS:

a) the default stack is 32kB
b) StackSwap() doesnt swap PPC stack in MOS

But it should be there for 68k builds.

> - MUIA_Application_UsedClasses definition used but I don't know if it is
> important ... this attribute is still not officialy documented (maybe in
> MUI4 ?)

It is supported since MUI 3.9. Not required but is nice for user

> I've just noticed some problems compiling with VBCC under MorphOS. I
> obtained answers from Frank Wille but I don't know how to fix these
> problems.

What it outputs?