[TextEditor-mcc] Re: TextEditor built-in shortcuts

  • From: Ilkka Lehtoranta <ilkleht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texteditor_mcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 23:16:08 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, Gianfranco ShInKurO Gignina wrote:

> Hi,
> There is a wrong built-it association done by TextEditor:
> Select All is associated to Right-Amiga-A, and this is a just Amiga standard
> short-cut which is associated to "Save As..." function (Read Amiga User
> Interface Style Guide). So a program which manages shortcuts which wants
> respect Amiga UI Style Guide goes to some conflicts...

Ah well, this is something I was also going to talk ~month ago but for
Bettestring.mcc class.

RAMIGA+<key> shortcut keys used in TextEditor and Betterstring collide
easily with menu shortcuts. So sometimes it is causing confusion to
programmers and users.

It could be better if they were not using RAMIGA shortcuts at all but
something else. There is an option to disable shortcut handling but it is
not elegant...

Any thoughts?