[TextEditor_mcc] Re: Tabs and colours

  • From: "Sebastian Bauer" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texteditor_mcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 22:49:49 +0200

Ilkka Lehtoranta wrote:

Anyway, take a look into TextEditor_mcc.h:

There is struct LineNode and UWORD *Colors;

You could add ULONG *RGB_Colors; or sth where RGB colors are stored in
similar manner and edit PrintLineWithStyles.c/PrintLine() to support
it. Instead of SetAPen() just use SetRPAttrs(), some support macros
are needed to handle this transparently for MOS and OS4.

The (IMO) best would be if we add a transparent obtain/release mechanism to TextEditor.mcc. On 8bit screens and for OS3.x systems, these calls are forwarded to the OS function calls. For the rest of the possibilities, this won't be necessary. Eighter direct colors are used here by adding an ULONG *RGB_Colors or we index ourself through Colors.

Ciao,
Sebastian

TextEditor ML   - //www.freelists.org/list/texteditor_mcc
Listserver help - mailto:texteditor_mcc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=HELP