[TextEditor_mcc] Re: Tabs and colours

  • From: Mathias PARNAUDEAU <mathias.p@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texteditor_mcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 19:23:49 +0200

Le 04/07/2005, Ilkka Lehtoranta a écrit:

> I'd like to have this feature too. I'm out of time but source is there :P

Aaargh :( We are all in the same situation ...

But as I use TextEditor in various programs, I put pressure on it :) And I
found a bug : I use a page object and if I insert text (with
MUIA_TextEditor_InsertText) in the TextEditor object that is on the
undisplayed page, the application freezes. This case is raised with several
versions : 15.12, 15.13, 15.14. That's ok with the 15.9.
I'm going to use the official way to report this bug.

>> And I need to give colours to my text. For one of my project (document
>> viewer), that's enough but for another one (editor for programers), I
>> would like to have an easier way to apply colours on text.

> Hmm... In addition to pen table (MUIA_TextEditor_ColorMap) TextEditor
> could support ARGB lookup table and TextEditor could render using ARGB
> values directly (rather than using obsoleted pen system). Only problem is
> OS3: there RGB rendering must be emulated by internal ObtainBestPen()
> workaround or such.

It's maybe time to add needed features in classes like TextEditor, even if
it's not supported by the class for AmigaOS 3.x. That's really time
consuming to try keeping the compatibility. We miss software on our systems
and I'm not sure the active developers can still spend time on that. Do you
all think new software appears for 68k targets ? That's sad but I think we
have to set priorities.
I don't know if the problem related to colours is easy to solve with pens
The debate is open.

--
Mathias PARNAUDEAU