[TextEditor_mcc] Re: Tabs and colours

  • From: Ilkka Lehtoranta <ilkleht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texteditor_mcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 19:12:14 +0300 (EEST)

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005, Mathias PARNAUDEAU wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I know I was not very active these last months (since my subscription to the
> list) because personal things. I started again to program with MUI and I am
> still interested in testing TextEditor.
> But I would like to know if there are plans to implements tabs that can stay
> tabs (not replaced by spaces).

I'd like to have this feature too. I'm out of time but source is there :P

> And I need to give colours to my text. For one of my project (document
> viewer), that's enough but for another one (editor for programers), I would
> like to have an easier way to apply colours on text.

Hmm... In addition to pen table (MUIA_TextEditor_ColorMap) TextEditor
could support ARGB lookup table and TextEditor could render using ARGB
values directly (rather than using obsoleted pen system). Only problem is
OS3: there RGB rendering must be emulated by internal ObtainBestPen()
workaround or such.