[TextEditor_mcc] Re: Editor test program crashes in MorphOS

  • From: Jens Langner <Jens.Langner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texteditor_mcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:29:43 +0200

Hello Ilkka,

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 18:36:47 +0300, Ilkka Lehtoranta wrote:

[...]
>> so here you can see that I already added a proper initialization to
>> the MUIM_Setup method of TextEditor. The question is now why later on
>> data->tmprp.Font is NULL? Because it shouldn't be null in MUIM_Show
>> cause MUIM_Setup sets up the font for the temporary rastport already
>> because MUIM_Show is called.
>
> Okay. data->tmprp.Font is NULL because data->font is NULL at
> MUIM_Setup.  That is, GetFont() in InitConfig() call fails and both
> data->fixedfont  and data->normalfont are NULL (I dont have fonts
> configured).

Ah! this was the missing link. I didn't think of the possibility that you
haven't got any fonts configured. Thanks for the hint. So please checkout
the latest version as I fixed the problem now and forever (hopefully) :) And
please report back if it now works for you on MOS.

>> No. If I am correct then the initialization done in MUIM_Setup should
>> already setup the temporary rastport right before a Window_Open call
>> and make it valid right on creation time of the TextEditor object.
>
> I'll try to build test cases to see if there are problems. "Dont fix it
> if  it aint broken" ... :)

Yes that would be great. But let me correct myself. I checked it and
MUIM_Setup is of course only called when the window is opened with
MUIA_Window_Open. However, I guess there still might be no problem if
data->font is not yet initialized at that point as the object is set as
"data->shown = FALSE" and as such no operation should be done which requires
a valid data->font. But of course, if you could provide testcases that would
definitly help in verifying it.

cheers,
jens
--
Jens Langner                                               Ph: +49-351-4716545
Lannerstrasse 1

Beware of the Turing Tar-pit in which everything is possible but nothing of
interest is easy.
-- Unknown