[TextEditor-mcc] Cursor Y position chained with vertical scroll?

  • From: "Gianfranco \"ShInKurO\" Gignina" <sh1nkur0@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texteditor_mcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 14:43:40 +0200

Hi,
I've tried in many ways to insert cursor Y position into a notification
chain with prop attributes of TE or a scrollbar object chained with TE, but
this gives in one situation or in another one always problem.
In effect the problem is that when MUIA_TextEditor_CursorY is setted then TE
area is automatically scrolled (see OM_SET sources), and so if I join prop
attributes to cursory attribute this will give some unuseful values
sincronizations which give many problems to TE itself.
I've even tried to manually build TE notification with a scroller, managing
MUIA_TextEditor_Prop_First and MUIA_Prop_First manually so to use a method
which sincronize value conversion returned by these attributes values with
MUIA_TextEditor_CursorY, but this give in any case problem when cursorY is
setted.

At this point I don't understand why should not TE itself to manage
automatically CursorY position/value in accord with scrolling (for example
when cursorY has coordinates which are hide respect to visible area then TE
set cursorY position to the first visible line).

What do you think?

--
Bye,
Gianfranco "ShInKurO" Gignina