[texbirds-freelists] Re: [texbirds] galveston -> mystery bird looks like a Ruff molting into alternate plumage

Well, a request for an ID of this bird was posted earlier on another forum
and first opinion was ?This bird looks like a male Ruff molting into
alternate plumage?. But soon after that there were strong reactions like those:

?I would suspect Pectoral Sandpiper in some odd state of molt.?

?Certainly not a Ruff, with a pronounced head pattern like that.
Pectoral Sandpiper seems a much better option to me.?

Mark B Bartosik
Houston, Texas
http://www.pbase.com/mbb/from_the_field

P.S.
Most posts are not distributed to the list (including mine) so communication
can be quite difficult here.

http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds