[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] Loon, Verry, Cuckoo, Gray-cheeked thrush, and others

  • From: Bob Becker <robertjbecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 14:52:33 -0500

I finished a swing through the Upper Texas Coast at Lafitte's Cove on
Saturday and stopped at Port Aransas and Corpus Christi Sunday on my
return to Brownsville. Highlights were a Veery, Common Loon, Gray-cheeked
Thrush, Black-billed Cuckoo, Fulvous Whistling Ducks and a Ruddy Duck in
full breeding plumage. I had the usual tanagers and grosbeaks; warblers
were scarce. Photo highlights are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13451078@N03/

and here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13451078@N03/page2/

I would be grateful for any ID corrections.

Bob Becker
Brownsville

TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds