[texbirds]

  • From: "Stevan Hawkins" <shawkins4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Texbirds'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 14:11:24 -0500

TexBirders:

As part of the below, weather and trail conditions allowing  I will at
Government Canyon State Natural Area to take interested folks on a birding
hike on Saturday, June 1.  As long as we do not exceed the 13 persons/party
size limit, walk-ons will be accepted.  Because of the potential of weather
related cancellation, people are encouraged to reserve a slot on the hike as
shown on the announcement below.  For more information about Government
Canyon State Natural Area, see
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/government-canyon

Later!

Steve

Stevan Hawkins

Activities Committee, member

Friends of Government Canyon

National Trails Day Hikes

When

Jun 01, 2013
from 08:00 AM to 12:00 PM

Where

Government Canyon State Natural Area

Contact Name

John Koepke

Contact Email

John.koepke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Contact Phone

(210) 688-9055, ext. 289

Friends of Government Canyon State Natural Area will host guided hikes in
celebration of American Hiking Society's 21st annual National Trails Day.R
Hikes will be led by volunteers of the Natural Area and will include an
easier Frontcountry hike as well as a Backcountry hike. For reservations
please email names of participants, ages if under 18, an email address and a
phone number to fogcsna@xxxxxxxxx.  Sorry, group reservations not accepted.
Children must be accompanied by an adult; no pets please.  Bring at least 2
liters of water per person, snacks, and sunscreen, dress appropriately for
the activity and weather, and wear sturdy hiking shoes or boots.
Reservations required and will be accepted until noon May 31, 2013. Natural
Areas fees apply