[texbirds] interesting shorebirds at Balmorhea, reeves co.

  • From: Tripp Davenport <tripp.davenport@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 23:16:55 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

On my way back from Arizona trip, stopped in at the Davis mts. and Balmorhea
lake in Reeves Co. I was  surprised to see a pair of Godwits! I was wishful
thinking that perhaps the Brazoria bird had made its way to west texas! Just
two marbled Godwits, still really cool for far west texas. In attendance with
the Godwits was a long-billed Curlew, two white-faced ibis and another unusual
west texas vistor, a Willet...on another note, good to see some green in the
Davis Mts., no Montezuma Quail but common black hawk above cottonwoods just
outside of Ft Davis...

Tripp Davenport
back home in Uvalde Texas

Sent from my iPadEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at