[texbirds] Uvalde County: Cook's Slough fledged Green Kingfisher Black Vulture Chicks almost all black

  • From: <bobolink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 22:17:18 +0000

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

a fine walk of four miles around Cook's Slough today...nice look at Blue
Grosbeak on the Fort Inge overlooks...
http://www.pbase.com/bobsnature/image/144221114  blue grosbeak

I had very vocal Green Kingfishers on Heron Flyway...two or three fledged
birds...
http://www.pbase.com/bobsnature/image/144221248  green kingfishers

I had a large bird glide by me and squauking loudly as he went by...I chased
but could not catch up with...
http://www.pbase.com/bobsnature/image/144221211   large bird gliding by Lunkers
and the 'slough'

37 species today...will send Ebird next...

Bob Rasa
Uvalde County Reporting