[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding, Hagerman NWR.

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 17:03:33 -0500

Enjoying the cool morning we found 57 species.  We saw the first Least Tern of
the year sitting on a buoy off the end of Sandy Point.
We all got to watch a Black-and-white Warbler feeding at Goode area.  We saw a
Loggerhead Shrike on Wildlife Dr.  It seems that we see fewer and fewer
Loggerhead Shrikes with each passing year. The refuge is going to mow some of
the marshes that have dried up and flood them next week which should be good
for shorebirds on their return migration. The lake continues to rise a bit. It
is now about 6 feet below normal.
ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S19341804
Jack Chiles, Texas Master Naturalist and volunteer, Hagerman NWR.Edit your
Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at