[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding, Hagerman NWR.

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 15:03:56 -0600

71 species seen on our weekly bird census.  Probably 4000 white geese were on
the lake but I don't know where they are finding food because there is not
anything to speak of on the refuge.  We did see a flock of 43 Greater
White-fronted Geese. We saw about 100 Ruddy Ducks off of Sandy Point. There
were lots of ducks in the marshes. Lake level continues to drop.
Jack Chiles, Texas Master Naturalist and volunteer Hagerman NWR.