[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding, Hagerman NWR

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 14:52:20 -0500

We found 57 species today.  The marshes had lots of ducks.  We probably didn't
count them all because of time constraints.  There were an estimated 10,000
Franklin Gulls on the sandbar at the end of Plover and flying over the lake.  3
Black-crowned Night-herons in Mineral Marsh.  Approximately 1500 American White
Pelicans off the end of Plover.  A large number of American Avocets and
Long-billed Dowitchers were also present. There are a lot of mud flats.
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/email?subID=S15519585
Jack Chiles
Texas master naturalist and volunteer, Hagerman NWR.