[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding, Hagerman NWR

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 16:06:33 -0500

The Red Phalarope is still present and is usually seen in the vicinity of the
end of Plover pad.  Early morning has been the best time to see it.  There were
large rafts of ducks on the lake with a large variety of species but we were
not able to count a lot of the ducks present because of limited time.  The
Horned Grebe was seen at Deaver Pond.  Our final talley for the morning was 72
species. Greater White-fronted Goose  56
Snow Goose  25
Ross's Goose  125     This number of Ross's Geese is not uncommon for this
location in the late fall.
Canada Goose  13
Gadwall  20
American Wigeon  18