[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding, Hagerman NWR

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 16:20:29 -0600

We finished the day with 63 species. The white geese are beginning to arrive
in larger numbers and in 10 days are so most of the wintering geese should be
here. Some of the better sightings were 9 Inca Doves in one group at the last
corner before entering Goode and a group of 20 Cedar Waxwings in the same area.
Sparrow numbers are increasing but we still have not seen a Harris's Sparrow.
Ducks are in most of the marshes.
http://ebird.org/ebird/iss/view/checklist/email?subID=S25779591
Jack Chiles, Texas master naturalist and volunteer, Hagerman NWR.Edit your
Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at