[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding, Hagerman NWR

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 17:29:04 -0500

The main road thru the refuge is still closed just past the road to Egret Pad
but it looks promising that it will be open sometime this week. Still lot of
herons, egrets and now a lot of American White Pelicans. The Reddish Egret was
seen again today north of headquarters but unfortunately not by our group. We
did see 3 Hairy Woodpeckers in one tree at Dead Woman Pond and found another 2
on the way to Meadow Pond. We saw our FOS Northern Harrier. The Marbled Godwit
was still here in Mineral Marsh. We also saw the 2 immature White Ibis at the
low water crossing on Bennett. There were very few shorebirds. We finished the
day with 56 species.
Jack Chiles, Texas Master Naturalist and volunteer Hagerman NWR.