[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding, Hagerman NWR

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 18:15:55 -0600

On a beautiful day with a light breeze blowing from the north we found 73
species +2 other taxa.  The large numbers of ducks continue at the refuge. We
had good looks of Horned Grebes and Canvasbacks at Sandy Point. At C Pad we saw
6 Eared Grebes, 16 Redheads, 4 Hooded Mergansers and large numbers of Mallards
and Northern Pintails. We had good looks at a male Eastern Towhee and an
Orange-crowned Warbler at Dead Woman Pond.
Jack Chiles, Texas Master Naturalist and volunteer Hagerman NWR