[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding, Hagerman NWR

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 15:16:13 -0500

We finished the day with 46 species.  Shorebirds are difficult to see because
of all the vegetation around the lake.  We did see a group of 20 American
Avocets and a few other species of shorebirds.  We got closeup looks at a group
of 15 Wild Turkeys. Blue-winged Teal numbers are increasing with a total of 140
seen today. A lot of commonly seen species just could not be found but not for
lack of effort.
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/email?subID=S19650417
Jack Chiles, Texas Master Naturalist and volunteer, Hagerman NWREdit your
Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at