[texbirds] Re: South Llano River SP - Help w/ hummingbird & gnatcatcher ID (photos)

  • From: Bryan Tarbox <gme_btarbox@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tex birds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 19:01:20 -0700 (PDT)

I've been told Blue-gray Gnatcatcher missing all but two tail feathers (what I
suspected), and male Black-chinned Hummingbird in worn plumage (had no clue,
but sounds about right - could never really see the gorget color, though I
thought it looked more reddish than purple, but who knows, as I said, terrible
lighting). Think that's settled.
Bryan TarboxTomball, TX