[texbirds] Recording birds

  • From: Susan Schaezler <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 17:02:33 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've had this request from many, so I thought I would share with all

A great mic that goes into your audio jack of your mobile phone and allows you
to do very effective recordings of birds that you can share easily

Edutige EIM-001 and it is $25 with Amazon

The only problem is that it is small and easy to lose, which I have done.  I
took a small ziplock jewelry bag to put this into and still lost it!  I quickly
realized I needed a replacement.

I used it to record the Black-capped Vireo, in case we didn't get pictures; to
record the Hutton's Vireo; to record the Red-eyed Vireo last week.  I can
quickly send the sound file off to my wonderful ebird reviewer, before the
record gets there.  I also use it when I don't recognize a birds song.

With this heat, all the water features are very active with birds, but we sure
need some rain for our ponds.  We run a drip into them from the wells, but
nothing like a rain.  It takes .25-.3" of rain on the 5 acres of rooftops at
the school across the street to fill one of our ponds.

The young Red-shouldered Hawks must have fledged.  They were crying near the
Warbler Pond today.  Lots of young coming to the water and very confusing
White-eyed Vireos.

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org
501(c)(3 )
Cibolo/Schertz
Sent from my iPadEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at