[texbirds] Laredo, Webb County Birding

  • From: <pfoster1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 10:42:15 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Raul and I started at the Gravel Pits this morning where we had two singing
male White-collared Seedeaters and not much else.  We saw one Green Parakeet at
their roost in an old building at Laredo Community College.  From there we went
to Las Palmas Trail and Zacate Creek where we had a male and a female
White-collared Seedeater, a Ringed Kingfisher and many Couch's and Western
Kingbirds.  We drove over to Lake Casa Blanca where we saw the two Western
Grebes swimming together.  If these two are breeding here, does anyone know
when we can expect to see babies?  At Ranchito Road we had a Swainson's Hawk.
Slow morning, but fun as always.

Susan Foster
Laredo, Webb County
Monte Mucho Audubon Society