[texbirds] Lafitte's Cove and mystery bird

  • From: "Michael Lindsey" <m_lndsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TexBirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 20:57:08 -0500

The past couple of days have been quite good at Lafitte's Cove as other
spots.  Yesterday afternoon about a dozen Yellow Warblers showed up at the
drip at once.  There was a decent variety of birds as posted by others.

Wednesday I photographed a bird that came in to bathe.  I got a few shots
just before it got all wet.  I could not ID it at first and even after
looking at the shots on my camera, then on my computer at home, I still did
not know what it was. It never came back while I was there, nor did I see it
the next day..maybe others did.

At the link below,  the first three images are of the bird.they are the best
ones I got of it.

It would be great to hear some feedback.

Michael Lindsey