[texbirds] Re: Help With Raptor ID

  • From: "Charles W. Easley" <cwebirds@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ksinka@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 15:31:59 -0500

Check your field guide for Swainson's Hawk.  I would be interested as to where
you took the photo.  It's a common resident in west Texas and the
Panhandle south to Hidalgo and Starr counties, per information from the
Checklist of the birds of Texas, third edition.  Nice pictures of a neat raptor.

Charles Easley
cwebirds@xxxxxxx