[texbirds] Full Results from the Second Plains BBS Route

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <terrverts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "leas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 13:23:41 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings All:

I completed the other BBS route near Plains this morning.  This route is
located northeast, east, and southeast of Plains and used to be entirely within
Yoakum County (a recent movement of a county marker sign makes it look as
though Terry County has seized control of County Line Road, though, and this
may no longer be the case).  The excess sand that had made a portion of this
route undo-able the last couple of years has been cleaned away and the roads
were pleasantly 'uninteresting'.  Birds were, as seems probably on all my
routes this year, in low numbers and diversity due to drought but, again, the
surge of Eastern Meadowlarks really stood out.  I have now completed three of
my six routes without tallying a single Dickcissel - one wonders where they are
this year?

All in all:

1 Funereal Duskywing
3 Common Sootywings