[texbirds] Brazoria Black-tailed Godwit and Wood Storks

  • From: Susan Gayle <suz123_@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 14:30:53 -0500

We went to the location posted on CR 227 for the Black-tailed Godwit this
morning, Sunday 6/10, at about 7:30 am for an hour and it was a no show.
Others had been there longer with no sightings.

We went down the road to Brazoria Wildlife Refuge and took the auto loop tour.
At the #5 marker we found 14 Wood Storks.  Lots and lots of Rosettes, Ibis, B&W
Stilts & chicks, Whistling ducks, both BB and Fulvous (with lots of chicks), 4
White Pelicans, 1 Orchard Oriole, heard Bob White Quail, 1 Seaside Sparrow, a
few Willets & chicks and there were 5 good sized gators too.

Back to the rice fields to check for the BT Godwit at about 11 am and no show.
We did see the Hudsonian Godwit on the East side of the road.

Best regards, Susan Gayle

E-Mail: suz123_@xxxxxxxxxxx
not a space after 3, an underscore!