[texbirds] Black-tailed Godwit seen 6-22-12 AM

  • From: Stenmead@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:57:43 -0400 (EDT)

Texbirders,

Thank you to all that provided reports of the B-t Godwit yesterday!

  My Granddaughter, her friend, my Grandson and I were able to see the  B-t
Godwit this morning from about 9:30 to 10:45.  It stayed in an area  about
3/4 of the ponds distance from the road  near the middle of the  pond. It
fed and rested while we were there.  With 40X  scope  viewing, we were able to
see the Godwit clearly enough to see all  field marks except the under wing
linings.

Yes, Frank B., that is the same Granddaughter that you met and birded with
in Gomez Farias.  Yes, I miss Gary and GF very much too!

Best birding!

Stennie