[texbirds] 6-2-12 Catbird @ Warbler Woods

  • From: Susan Schaezler <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 19:07:56 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

6-2-12 Catbird @ Warbler Woods

This morning, we heard this loud sound and thought Gray Catbird and thought no,
but this afternoon, I had the Catbird come to the Warbler Pond.  I grabbed my
new small camera and up popped change battery!!  I had bought a spare battery
and it arrived yesterday and was charged, but I hadn't put it in my bag yet!!!
Now last year, we had one stay into June.

I've now been devoured by bugs an am heading inside!  I'll give the catbird 4
more minutes before I depart

Lots of comments on the vireo call and most think Red-eyed Vireo.  We tried to
get more evidence in the heat and give up.  We also had another option
presented, but no luck getting more evidence.  Most exciting bird though!
Maybe I should change the name to Vireo Woods!

Thanks to all for helping!  I still need some Hutton experts!

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org
501(c)(3 )
Cibolo/Schertz
Sent from my iPadEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at