[testingoutlookxp] Re: testing out greg's fix... will this work?

  • From: "Kathy Jacobs" <jacobskl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <testingoutlookxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:35:19 -0700

It worked because I deleted and re-created the DWord without Outlook
running. Seems that it didn't like me setting a value on a running
program. Even though it set the value, when Outlook re-started it ignored
it.

(I am sending this so that we document the solution in case anyone else
has problems getting Outlook to recognize the registry change.)

Kathryn Jacobs,  Microsoft MVP PowerPoint
Get PowerPoint answers at http://www.powerpointanswers.com
Cook anything outdoors with http://www.outdoorcook.com

Kathy is a trainer, writer, Girl Scout, parent, and whatever else there is
time for
I believe life is meant to be lived. But:
if we live without making a difference, it makes no difference that we
lived