[techtalk] Re: Custom resolutions for ATI card

  • From: Paul Ferguson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 20:47:19 +0100

Gary Colville wrote:

As far as I'm aware ATI make no provision at all for fully custom resolutions, there's some capability for adding resolutions that are derivatives of standard HDTV ones (although even this is buried very deep in the CCC) but that's it. Anything beyond that and its Powerstip time. It's one of the most frustrating omissions in ATI's drivers.

Yeah I found the HDTV ones but nothing there gets close to what I`m
after (1275 x 1024). The annoying thing is that those settings are in
the registry (I assume from when I had Powerstrip set up) but so far
I`ve not been able to figure out how to make them available for XP
to use despite many attempts at suggestions found on various forums :(

I find it impossible to understand why such a basic option is not
available w/out having to resort to an external app ......

Ah well, I guess it`s time to dig into my pocket then ;)

Cheers
Paul