part rant (implied) part request for help - Win95 to Win98upgrades

  • From: "Jerry Hargis" <CCHARGIS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 11:25:39 -0500

Ignoring anything other than technical issues and Microsoft's lame
advice (see actual quote below), I need practical advice on what to
consider as a realistic limit on the configuration and hardware of
computers that will be upgraded from Windows95 to Windows98. Ignoring
Microsoft's lower limit of a 486/66 with 24 MB of RAM, what do any of
you think I should set as a lower limit for hardware?

The first step that Microsoft lists in How to Upgrade Win95 to Win98
"Want to upgrade from Windows 95 to Windows 98 Second Edition? Here's
First, when you upgrade your computer to a new operating system, always
save your important files to floppy disks. These files include your
documents as well as Internet Explorer bookmarks, your address book, and
e-mail messages. If you have files that are too large to fit on floppy
disks, you can send those files to a friend or colleague via e-mail for
safekeeping during the upgrade. "