Re: more broadband wireless

  • From: "M.K. Chatterji" <chat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:54:08 -0600

Hey you guys, I'm almost there!  I put an Airport in Dr. Sternfeld's
house and though I don't have an antenna on his roof yet, I was able
to pick up the signal from my roof with a yagi antenna pointed at his
house. That's how I am connected at this moment, temporarily, of
course. Tsk. I never thought it would work because he has his IP via
DHCP from Verizon/GTE. Now I have to figure out how the hell to share
that dynamic IP that's coming in here, further amongst two more
computers in the house. I don't think an Airport base station at my
end will do that (per the article--without a mysterious firmware
upgrade--which I can't find anywhere in netland.) Alas, I'm too much
of a mortal to make Linux do that, if it can.