Re: how the hell do I do this (fwd)

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 15:34:57 -0500 (EST)

Jeezus.  Some people are just so damned stupid.  I received this message
at staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, an address intended to help us keep in touch with
our users, so we can help them with mailing list issues.  Below it is my
reply; maybe someone will find it amusing...

User said:

> I tried to do this and I'm not doing something right, HELP! You have an ad
> I'm interested in but I can't get to the information.  The ad reads Cozy
> Home 2 bedroom 2 bathroom House garage, yard, hookups, air conditioning,
> quite area, pet welcome, 725.00  and I found it on recycler.com.
> Please e-mail me at kimberlyrmason@xxxxxxxxxxx thanks Kim.

I brightened his/her day with:

You too can join the human race in 5 easy steps!

Step 1: Put down the crack pipe.

Step 2: Wait 6 weeks for the purple bears to stop dancing in your head.
You may find that you miss being completely oblivious to your
surroundings, but it'll pass.  Maybe.

Step 3: Get rid of AOL.  You're so obviously an AOL user that it's almost
painful.  In fact... yes... I can no longer see out of my left eye. For
this I'm forever endebted.  Thank you.  You've made a marvelous contribution
to my dreary, cynical life of making fun of dumb people.

Step 4: Learn how to read English.  This is an important step, since you
obviously weren't able to read the site that you got our email address off
of.  Step "4b" is to use your new-found English reading skills in ways you
never dreamed possible.

Step 5: Learn how to use your web browser.  Someone must've told you that
you can go to "just any site" and start asking them about how to rent a
house.

Thanks,
  John

- Cheery FreeLists Staff Member