@home shuts down!

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 13:06:52 -0500

Sorry to anyone on the list who has a cable modem, but there's such a
silver lining to this cloud...

@home is shutting down, as everyone knows, and with them goes 45% of the
US's cable modem users.  These are the people that thought they were cool
when they bought into an inferior technology.  These are the people that
buy full-time internet access without understanding the security
implications.  These are the people that helped to propogate stupid IIS
worms that filled my apache logs.  These are the people that saturate
POP's with useless crap (spam included), thus slowing down everyone else's
inet throughput.

So tomorrow, things will be better.  I'll have up to 45% faster net
access, up to 45% fewer worming attempts, and up to 45% less spam.

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA
# Linux, Apache, Perl and C: All the best things in life are free!